Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Easy, "healthier," vegan pumpkin bread.
Do you like pumpkin? How about chocolate? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then do we have the recipe for you (and if you answered no… try again). While we’re always huge fans of treating ourselves when a sweet tooth strikes, a few “healthy” swaps here and there are never a bad idea. White flour for whole wheat, applesauce for canola oil, and a little less sugar… Voila! A delicious, “healthier” pumpkin bread that’s so moist, you’ll be salivating faster than you can say “food coma.”
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly coat a loaf pan with canola oil (dip a paper towel in it and grease the pan) or with a non-stick spray.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, applesauce, and eggs.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until fully combined. Add in the chocolate chips and gently fold them in.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and bake for ~50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!